Road Closures Near 801 Broadway Parking Garage
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2011 - 2:48pm
News & Updates
January 1, 2015 (All day)
January 5, 2015 (All day)
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
Submitted by admin on June 23, 2011 - 2:08pm
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Key Institute Facts
- Kennedy Krieger Institute was founded in 1937 as the Children’s Rehabilitation Institute, the first treatment facility in the country dedicated solely to children with cerebral palsy. The Institute was renamed the Kennedy Institute in 1968. In 1992, the name was changed again to Kennedy Krieger Institute. Learn more about Kennedy Krieger's history.
- Kennedy Krieger Institute serves children and adolescents with disorders and injuries of the brain, spinal cord and musculoskeletal system through patient care, special education, research and professional training, and community programs.
- Kennedy Krieger Institute specializes in over 45 diverse brain, spinal cord and musculoskeletal disorders, including autism, cerebral palsy, brain injury, Down syndrome, feeding disorders, muscular dystrophy, spina bifida and spinal cord injury.
- The President & CEO of Kennedy Krieger Institute is Dr. Gary Goldstein, who has held the position since 1988.
- Kennedy Krieger Institute cares for more than 20,000 patients and educates more than 400 students and 700 trainees each year.
- Kennedy Krieger Institute employs more than 2,500 individuals.
- Kennedy Krieger Institute has 11 locations in Baltimore, as well as campuses in Columbia and Rockville, MD.
- Kennedy Krieger Institute’s largest annual fundraiser is Festival of Trees. Held over Thanksgiving weekend, this family event attracts nearly 45,000 people and raises over $1 million annually.
Submitted by admin on July 14, 2011 - 9:12am
If you are a member of the media, join our media list and receive the latest research news and story alerts.