Road Closure at 801 Broadway Parking Garage
Effective June 18, 2014 - Road closures will block regular access to our Broadway parking garage. Please allow more time for travel to your appointment.
Detour Route and more information.
CARD News & Updates
Center Event Calendar
Autism: Characteristics By Age
Find A Specialist
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Rebecca Landa, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Melanie Pinkett-Davis, MSW, LCSW-C
Stewart Mostofsky, MD
About Clinical Services:
An accurate diagnosis is crucial to helping children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and their families identify appropriate therapies. As leaders in diagnosing ASD, we provide our patients and their families with the most up-to-date diagnostic information and help them understand their child's strengths and needs. For each child, our team develops individual treatment programs that can include behavioral intervention; verbal and augmentative communication treatment; social skills and cognition intervention; occupational therapy; medical management; and family support services. Driven by ongoing research, our clinical programs offer children the most innovative therapies available.
The well-being of our children and their families is our highest priority. Our care is tailored to each patient's individual needs. Services provided at CARD include:
- Developmental assessments
- Treatment consultations
- Interventions (including medical management)
As part of the Autism Treatment Network (ATN) -- a national network of diagnostic centers -- Kennedy Krieger Institute professionals are helping to establish high standards of care not only for the children treated at the Institute, but also for children across the country and around the world. Specifically, our clinical program offers the following range of evaluations and therapeutic services:
- Intake Consults: A comprehensive new patient review and identification of recommendations for a plan of care that may include further specialized testing or specialized services offered at CARD or appropriate referrals. These consults are completed by speech and language pathologists and staff from our social work program.
- Diagnostic Evaluations: Completed by teams of ASD experts in the disciplines of: neurology, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychiatry, developmental pediatrics, neuropsychology, clinical psychology, genetic counseling and social work. Individual developmental or medical evaluations are conducted by practitioners from the above-noted disciplines.
- Treatment Services: CARD's various treatment programs include medical services, speech-language intervention, occupational therapy, psychological services, child and family psychotherapy, social skills groups, and medication management.
The center also offers a variety of parent therapeutic training programs, including:
- JUMP START: A four- to six-week parent-child series focusing on socialization, early language/communication interaction development.
- PLAY WITH ME: A parent-child interaction series to enhance socialization and functional skill development and to assist with sensory regulation.
- PICTURE EXCHANGE CLINIC: A four-week clinic to develop augmented communication exchange skills for expressive communication.