Road Closures Near 801 Broadway Parking Garage
Appointments & Referrals
News & Updates
Find A Specialist
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Occupational Therapy Clinic
Kennedy Krieger Institute • 707 North Broadway • Baltimore, MD 21205
Fairmount Campus • 1750 E. Fairmount Avenue • Baltimore, MD 21231
About Our Program:
Occupational Therapy = Skills for the Job of Living
Occupational Therapy (OT) provides evaluation and treatment to improve clients' fine motor skills, activities of daily living (including eating, dressing, hygiene, toileting and play activities), oral motor skills and adaptive seating needs. OT focuses on helping people achieve independence in all areas of their lives.
Primary Program Goals
- Provide age-appropriate and focused training to patients, their parents and other involved caregivers to meet individualized OT goals in occupational areas of play, activities of daily living, leisure and work
- Provide training to OT students, community therapists and other health care professionals
- Provide services as part of an interdisciplinary team for (1) children requiring rehabilitation, (2) children with feeding disorders and (3) children with other neurological disorders.
- Participate in research projects related to OT scope of practice
- Participate and demonstrate leadership for community outreach projects
- With the use of Botox for management of tone, the OT department is doing more serial casting and upper extremity splinting in conjunction with Botox
- Increase in international referrals for comprehensive OT evaluations
- Increase in OT programming for children diagnosed with autism
- Increase use of electrical stimulation modality to strengthen upper extremity muscles, prevent atrophy and reduce spasticity and pain
- Provide pressure mapping in conjunction with evaluations for seating equipment to reduce risk of skin breakdown and to improve client positioning outcomes and comfort
- Clinical use of Precision Rehab Custom Mold Simulator to trial simulation during seating and positioning appointment to improve treatment outcome and improve management of complex orthopedic/rehabilitation issues
Hours of Operation:
Activities of Daily Living (ADL) on inpatient unit
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
To make a referral or request an initial evaluation:
Contact our Care Management Office
Toll-Free Referral: (888) 554-2080
Local Referral: (443) 923-9400
For follow-up appointments:
Contact our main OT line: (443) 923-9290 or (443) 923-4420
Questions regarding outpatient services:
Theresa Zakorchemny, MS, OTR/L
Phone: (443) 923-3295