Appointments & Referrals
News & Updates
Find A Specialist
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
What to Bring
Patients typically wear their own clothes instead of wearing hospital gowns. We provide basic toiletries, including a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, lotions, deodorant, powder, mouthwash, and diapers. We allow battery-operated music players and video game systems, and we have DVDs for patient use. All personal items should be clearly labeled with the patient’s name, using a permanent marker. For safety reasons, we will need to inspect any electrical items brought from home.
- Clothing may include:
- Comfortable clothes
- Shoes (no open-toes)
- Schoolwork, including textbooks and assignments
- A car seat, if needed. Maryland law requires children 8 years and younger to always sit in a car or booster seat while on the road.
Please note: Kennedy Krieger cannot assume responsibility for any lost or damaged belongings.
Medical and Legal Items:
- Your child's immunization and medical records
- All insurance information
- Parents’ or guardians’ photo IDs
- Names, phone numbers, and addresses of current doctors or therapists
- All legal papers, such as birth certificates, Social Security card, and pertinent court documents, such as custody papers, surrogacy, and education plans
- A current list or empty containers of all prescription and over-the-counter medications, herbal remedies, and vitamins, with labeled dosage and frequency information
- Special assistive equipment, such as braces, wheelchairs, seating inserts, splints, helmets, eyeglasses, and hearing aids, including batteries and chargers
What Not to Bring:
Certain items are not allowed, including:
- Medication, unless otherwise instructed
- Valuables or sentimental items
- Humidifiers and vaporizers
- Inflatable beds
- Small kitchen appliances (e.g., coffee pots, hot plates, blenders, rice cookers)
- Hot plates
- Curling and straightening irons
- Heating pads