Applications are accepted from January through September.
Applicants must have completed a four-year ACGME-approved residency.
How to Apply:
There is one fellowship position available each year starting July 1 and ending June 30. We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) (see application packet for important dates). Registration in this match process is mandatory. You may begin the match process by registering here: http://www.nrmp.org
If you are interested in applying, please submit the SCIM Fellowship Application directly to:
The International Center for Spinal Cord Injury
Attention: Yvonne Jackson, SCIM Training Coordinator
801 North Broadway, 5th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205
Additional contact information:
Application materials may be sent via email (preferred), regular mail or fax (443-923-9540)
Letters of recommendation can be sent directly to us from your program director or coordinator via email (preferred), regular mail or fax (443-923-9540).
- We are conducting virtual interviews ONLY.
- We will not be conducting in-person interviews during the annual Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals (ASCIP) annual conference.
- If you attending ASCIP please stop by, after which we will set up a teleconference interview for you.
- An in-person interview or on-site visit to Baltimore is not a mandatory requirement to be considered for the fellowship.
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Kennedy Krieger Institute SCI Fellowship Program Deadlines
- March 1, 2022: Accepting applications
- September 16, 2022: Last day for submitting an application (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- September 26, 2022: Last day for applicant interview
SCIM Fellowship Application Important Dates
- August 10, 2022: Registration Opens on NRMP
- August 15, 2022: Recommend submission of this application and supporting material.
- Labor Day Week, 2022: Opportunity to interview with programs at ASCIP Annual Meeting
- September 7, 2022: Rank List Opens on NRMP
- June-October 12, 2022: Virtual interview or visit with programs, if possible and desired
- September 29, 2022: Programs: Quota change deadline at 11:59 p.m. EST
- October 12, 2022: Rank List Finalized on NRMP
- October 26, 2022: Match Day