The Clinical Trials Unit at Kennedy Krieger Institute was created to provide resources and support for investigators and sponsors conducting pediatric and adult clinical research.
It serves as a center of excellence within the Institute for conducting, coordinating, and completing clinical trials designed to advance scientific knowledge of a wide range of psychiatric, neurological, and developmental disorders. Our rapidly expanding patient population comprises a wide range of diagnoses and disorders not found in many facilities, attracting leading experts in neurorehabilitation, behavioral disorders, neurological disorders, and other disorders and injuries of the brain, spinal cord, and musculoskeletal system. Kennedy Krieger is the only children’s hospital designated as an NIH National Research Resource Center for functional brain imaging.
Our clinicians, study coordinators, research nurses, and raters provide comprehensive support services and tools to conduct clinical research studies, and are experienced in collaborating with pharmaceutical companies and effectively and responsibly recruiting participants. Our services and facilities include:
- Inpatient and outpatient exam rooms
- Separate investigational new drug pharmacy
- CAP, LAP, and CLIA-accredited labs with experienced certified technicians
- Staff ICH-GCP trained annually
- Child life/recreational activities staff provide supervision and activity programming for participants and their siblings in a child-oriented play environment.
The Clinical Trials Unit at Kennedy Krieger is led by Drs. Dejan Budimirovic and Bradley Grant. Click here to read their biographies.