Help Us Develop New and Better Treatments
With the recent discovery of the cause of Sturge-Weber syndrome, we have opened the door to investigating new drugs and treatments. We urgently need your support to develop and test these treatments that will radically change the lives of those living with Sturge-Weber syndrome.
Why Support Sturge-Weber Syndrome Research?
Every gift we receive will help us advance the science of Sturge-Weber syndrome and its management, develop new treatments and serve more children with exemplary care. The impact of your generosity will be felt directly by children and their families and by the medical community that seeks to help them.
A rare disease like Sturge-Weber syndrome has fewer sources of support. But research on a rare disease like Sturge-Weber syndrome is important to the patients and families who wait for better treatment and because of the insights that can be gained from a cause of stroke and seizures where the underlying gene and molecular pathway is known. Your gift could support:
- Laboratory research in genetics, tissue studies, and novel drug development
- Clinical research in new effective treatments, diagnosis, and care of patients
- Clinical improvements in many areas, including stroke, epilepsy, dermatology and ophthalmology
- Advocacy and education through national and international collaborations with medical institutions, foundations, and individuals
- Clinical drug trial development to further determine positive results seen in our prior drug trials
For more information or to become more involved, please contact Dr. Anne Comi at 443-923-9569 or at Comi@KennedyKrieger.org.
How You Can Help
Create a Fundraising Page
Personal Fundraising Pages are another great way to help support the Center. Learn more about fundraising pages.
Your gift allows us to transform the lives of patients with Sturge-Weber syndrome through world-class research, clinical care, and the development of the treatments of the future.